Wednesday, July 20, 2011

God is bigger...

My husband thinks I am a tad neurotic. :) In the morning as soon as my eyes open, I am pretty much awake. It's like hitting the ground running, at least mentally that is. It's 6:00 and this couldn't wait.

The past week has been challenging to say the least. Good challenges and difficult ones. We will keep you in suspense a little longer on how God has been revealing Himself through these circumstances. :)

It's like we are on the edge of something huge... God is using us in ways that we could have never imagined. I've been able to openly talk about my struggles carrying a pregnancy to term, been able to counsel and encourage (which is such a blessing), and seen God moving people in a way that leaves me speechless. This adoption is so much bigger than either one of us and we marvel at the fact that we get to watch it.

I don't even know where to start... A few weeks ago I had written a blog that described the desert. And for the better part of two years, that has been the journey. Now, looking back the I can see that God has (as He always is) been true to His word in Psalm 23.

"The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

What I perceived to be the desert, was where God was making me lie down in green pastures; where he was leading me besides quiet waters, it was because I desperately need to hear His voice. He was making me more dependent on Him. Oh, there were the dark valleys of dealing with the deaths of three miscarriages too. But, He was there... And, what is so crazy is that the miscarriages have everything to do with this adoption. He is teaching us that this adoption is truly His. But even more so, it is teaching us how adoption reflects our adoption as children of God (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6jO7xhU_Pw). This is what this is all about. This is why we adopt, because there is no better way to show the Father's love that He has for us.

We aren't adopting because simply because we want kids... In 8 days, I will be medically cleared to "try" to conceive naturally and the Dr.'s say medically I should be able to carry to term. We are approaching the end of our one year wait. Why are we adopting? Because He has adopted us into His family. Adoption is a beautiful reflection of our Father's love for us!!!

Romans 8:15
"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

We are still raising money to bring Talitha home (and have great t-shirts for sale)... We know that He will provide. He has moved mountains and we have a financial mountain that He will move. We are amazed and daily you all humble us with your generosity! And, we are amazed at the God we serve.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment