Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tears of Grief and Joy

It's been quite a while since I've written a post (many of you probably weren't even following the blog the last time I wrote), but I wish I was returning to write for a different reason.

A little over a month ago, we learned Darbi was pregnant.  Everything seemed to be going well until yesterday afternoon, when we found out we were having our fourth miscarraige.  An ultrasound revealed the baby's heart had stopped beating about a week ago.  Darbi had a D&C surgery this morning and is now resting at home.

We would greatly appreciate your prayers during this time.  While we know this little one is with our Father in Heaven along with Peter, Faith, and Eve (our first three), it doesn't change the fact that we miss this child.  With loss comes grief.

There is no way I could explain the mixture of grief and joy when I think of our four children in Heaven.  There is no other place I want them to be, but I miss them.

Over the last 24 hours, God has been amazingly gracious.  I'll let Darbi share all that with you, since I know she'll post about it soon (well, probably within a week).  The short version is that He put the right people in the right place and the right time.

With tears of grief and joy, I leave you with the words of Psalm 73:25-26...

       Whom have I in heaven but You?
          And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You.
       My flesh and my heart may fail,
          but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Robert, Darbi,
    I don't know if you remember us from "A weekend to remember" almost 3 yrs ago?
    Kevin and I fell in love with you guys immediately!
    Well, I just want you both to know our hearts are with you now. We are going through our first miscarriage, and there is nothing like that pain...even if you already have children. The joy of knowing those little ones are waiting to see us, and that they have been adopted by the Father of Jesus Christ has been a soothing balm to my raw emotions. Our love to you, Tiffany and Kevin. xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally remember you. :) You were our bff's that weekend. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss as well. It is life changing. My friend Michelle has a website that is incredibly encouraging and helpful for those who have miscarried. www.joy-comes-in-the-morning.com.

      I am praying for you and would love to hear all about your precious one.

      Delete